Iphone 3g restored with no Sims

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by straube, Oct 18, 2009.

1. straube macrumors newbie

I bought an used Iphone 3g with 3.1.2. software. The seller kept the ATT sims card. Itunes was working and he had a handful of songs. I don't have a sim card. I tried to synch with my Itunes (had an Itouch previously) and it wouldn't synch. I restored the Iphone on the wrong idea that this would help. Now the Iphone demands that I insert a sims card. What can I do at this point? I think an ATT sims card might be $20 but I'm getting the idea that I have to unbrick the phone or buy an ATT plan. All I really want to do is use Itunes at this point. In a few months I was hoping to get the phone unlocked. Should I take the phone to Apple or ATT or what? Btw, tried to "unbrick" the phone holding the power and home buttons down and the power shut off for about 10 minutes and wouldn't turn back on...thought I'd killed it. Any suggestions appreciated.

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Just go to a Cooperate owned AT&T Store, and say you have an Original iPhone. don't bring any iPhone with you. Say you want to activate it at home and need a sim card. They should give you a sim card, non activated. Pop it in the phone and connect to iTunes.