iPhone 3g roaming in Italy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haddman, Apr 2, 2010.

1. haddman macrumors regular

Hi, going to be traveling to Italy next month, was wondering if I would be able to get 3G roaming. Planning on having my iPhone and 3G Capable iPad by then. I had the original iPhone last time I went to Europe, so I know I will at least get edge, but not sure if it will roam on their 3G. If anyone has been there recently let me know. Thanks.

2. MacDanielG macrumors member

I just just just came back and 3G worked like a charm. However; my bill is naaaasssstttyyyyyy. But I figured it would be.

3. haddman thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet, thanks. I'm only going to turn data roaming on to check email occasionally and upload pictures of the trip to facebook. Definitely not leaving it on 24/7.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Depends where you are...in the big cities, probably. In the small towns....maybe? Probably not too unlike the US.

Beware, if you use data, you're going to have a HUGE bill.

5. MacDanielG macrumors member

I did notice that while I was in Spain, some areas I would lose coverage but it would automatically adjust to a different carrier within minutes (vodafone and so on)

6. Insilin1i macrumors regular

If your jailbroken and can unlock you can get a pay as you go card for the iPhone. You just put the minimum amount needed and go. Mine came with 500 MB/month.