iPhone 3G - Rogers: No Service.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btdvox, Aug 14, 2008.

1. btdvox macrumors newbie

Hi guys, Since last night my Iphone 3g has no service, for anything, it says no service even if i manually choose rogers (3g) or rogers.

Is this to do with the connections issues all over?

I called rogers and there sending me a replacement, but I told them I want a brand new retail box, Because last time i had this problem I got a new phone with a different serial number than my retail box and the Manufacturer gave me a huge problem when I was warranting it.

2. bori macrumors member

I'm on Rogers, and last night it was fine. I am in Toronto though.. where are you?

3. btdvox thread starter macrumors newbie

Vancouver.
    My phone is just dead for service. No Service at all for calling, mail or safari.

4. macsupport macrumors newbie

Vancouver here as well and No Service. Since about 1pm today.

5. btdvox thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE***

Rogers sent me a new iphone in a replacement box that was sent by apple im assuming (It was still nice packaging for being a replacement!!

Switched sim cards followed the instrucitons, And then BAM im stuck at Activation awaiting because of NO SERVICE still.

What the heck is going on, im assuming its not with the freaking phone any more, and with rogers.

6. profetto macrumors regular

I'm with Rogers here in Toronto, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

7. bori macrumors member

I guess it's a Vancouver-only problem. You guys should call up Rogers, or is it only the iPhone that's not working? or are other cellphones not working as well?

8. btdvox thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed

So Problem fixed. Somehow Rogers disconnected my sim card to my account, Because some of the Iphones that had sim cards in them had "old" generation sim cards (service rep said this, sounds like crap to me)
    And because of this, the sim card wasnt activated. Thankfully the replacement came with a new sim card. It got activated and i put it into my old phone now everything works fine.

Heres another funny the new Phone I got was a bit older version and serial number than the one I had. Whats more funny is it had HORRID yellow tinge to the display.
    It was GROSS.
    Thankfully my one works fine so i wont have to upload all my apps n what not.

You might want to check out your simcard.

9. bori macrumors member

That's weird, cause I've had my SIM card since maybe 2004. O_O