iPhone 3G rumours have taken over my life...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glanv, Jul 2, 2008.

1. glanv macrumors regular

Hi all

I cannot quite believe how much of my time has been consumed reading forum after forum and rumour after rumour regarding the iPhone 3G! I was kind of interested in the first iPhone but convinced myself to wait for the 3G version. Now this has arrived (well, almost), I have done nothing but think about the phone! There are so many rumours flying around, but the one that has grabbed my attention most is that of O2 only having the 8gb version available on launch day. If this is true I will be rather pi**ed! Firstly, because I will not settle on having the 8gb as I want it to be a half decent iPod relacement, and secondly, because I have booked the day off work to go and get the iPhone. Having to wait longer and wasting a days holiday will be rather gutting!

When I spoke to my local shop on the phone the guy hinted that it might only be the 8gb version available. However, when I went in to get the credit check done the next day the girl in the very same shop said both would be available and there would be plenty of stock! I know that we are all experiencing the same conflicting flows of info as it is plastered all over this forum!

At the end of the day it is not the end of the world if it (16gb) isn't available, but I wish we could at least find out for sure what is going on!

I am going to try my hardest to forget about it now and just wait until next Friday - it seems miles away, but before I know it my alarm will be sounding at an unreasonable hour awakening me ready for my pilgrimage to the O2 store!

Not really a point to this post, more of a vent I suppose!

Cheers everyone!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You, my friend, have Teh Fever. :D

I haven't heard that O2 rumor before, so I don't really know whats been said, but that sounds like a bunch of horse hockey to me...

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I suggest you read this thread ...

No 16GB at iPhone 3G Launch:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509087

R-Fly

4. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Really, its unbelievable how much time I spend on here. URGH!!!!

5. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Dude. I'm the same exact way.

At first, I wasn't going to get one. Then finally I thought, yeah you know what I'll check it out. Then I found this site, kept abreast of the rumors, and now - everyday I come back and check to see if they're any new updates and I'm dying for the iPhone 3G. Sad.

6. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I am with you on this one pal, my wife thinks am a right geek :eek:

I tried explaining it was a hobby and more than a phone to no avail

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

Yeah I think my girlfriend used the word "freak" to describe my "interest" in the iPhone and Apple in general.

My relationship with MacRumors.com is much like that of a drug user and say cocaine. I spend countless hours at night and at school/work on the forums whenever there is speculation of an update or new release or whatever. Then the update occurs and I am able to gain enough mental resolve to reduce my time on the forums. Then comes the relapse. I have been off the wagon since the iPhone 3G has been announced. I fear I will never recover. Everyday starts with a view through the MR forums. Oh MR, what a cold, heartless mistress you are.

8. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Haha! Brilliant post! My girlfriend thinks I too am a geek and unusually obsessed with this device!

I suppose this might be what Apple want! We have all become addicts and the people at Macrumors must be loving all the traffic they are getting!

I would like to say that we should all calm down and just wait and see - but that is a silly statement as none of us will!

9. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I really need this 3G for my work. I have to use a MOTO Q until the iPhone releases and I need to be able to sync my 1000 customers names to my Mac. Yea right. So since I gave my vs 1 iPhone to my daughter and she won't let her dear old Dad touch it ever again, I just have to wait. I cannot wait to get the phone so my work life can get back to some sort of a normal state. Do you thing that Steve Jobs will let me get one early?

10. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

this god dam forum has convinced me to get one.. and I cannot wait!!

11. brandonzar macrumors regular

Reading these posts has made me feel so much better, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. I haven't gotten anything done at work since the 3G announcement and I even kept up with all of the rumors while I was on vacation last week. I really wish Apple would have released the App Store at WWDC 2008 cause then I would at least have something to occupy my time.

I love the cocaine, I love the cocaine - Buckcherry

12. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I feel exactly the same. I don't think I can go longer than ten minutes without checking MR. MR is my cocaine and new announcements are my high.... This past month has been making me wish Apple would announce a time machine so I could have my new iPhone already. LOL:)

13. animenick65 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as well. Haven't gotten anything done at work since the keynote. I've been back and forth on the idea of getting an iPhone. Such a sexy device. No marketing needed, it sells itself.

14. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Only every day? Slacker.. :D

I'm up to every 10 minutes.

Kinda reminds me of this: