iPhone Iphone 3g running Ios 4.3 apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by raginpirate, Dec 9, 2012.

1. raginpirate macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to get IOS 4.3 + apps run on a iphone 3g?

The only step towards causing this to work was doing OpenGL 2.0 and changing my firmware in the file settings so it reads 4.3.3.

I have gotten the apple store to allow me to download steam, which is the main reason I want to do this, along with possibly minecraft and COD zombies, but they will either crash right when I download them, or when it gets to installing it will fail. I have followed a guide online to do these steps right, and even cydia believes I am in 4.3.3.

Does anyone have any advice to get these apps working? I have seen proof that it can be done :(

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can't. Those apps crash because they call upon things that don't exist in iOS 4.2.1. Also the iPhone 3G does not have OpenGL 2.0. That could also explain some of the crashing.

3. raginpirate thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that it doesnt have Opengl 2.0 the point of adding it is to fake the system into believing it has the requirements. So is there really no way to do this? I have definatlely seen people do this online. Was it all just a elaborate lie?

P.S. link to guide I followed

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

All a lie. You can trick things into thinking it does, but if they try to actually use it, they'll crash.

5. raginpirate thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahaha, all right thank you for confirming this. Sigh, at least now I wont spend hours every day trying to make this work lol.

- Thank you, Raginpirate

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Time to upgrade to a newer iphone:)
    I dont know how you tolerate using an iphone 3G. Talk about a turtle:D