iPhone 3G S at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maturola, Jun 8, 2009.

1. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Anyone have a word if/when Best Buy would have this for pre-order? I called my local one and the dude was either high or something but he didn't have any idea, I tried another one and same case, no idea that a new device was ieven release today.

wondering if anyone else have better luck or have any info.

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Dude... the iPhone was JUST announced. Can you relax?

3. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

Thanks for the advice.

now anyone with actual useful information??

4. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

Man someone really need to come the hell down. He was just asking, and personally I'd be interested in information on that because i got a gift card for bestbuy and I plan on buying it there.....

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Not to continue the OP dumping, but WTF is up with threads that are posted as factual statements when in fact they are an f-in question sans a damn question mark.

IPhone 3GS at Best Buy?

That is a question.

6. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'm calm, the iPhone was announced at like 2:45pm, and a few hours later this guys saying Best Buy staff is high because they don't know what an iPhone 3G S is.

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

My guess would be reward points, gift cards etc

9. truffleshuffle8 macrumors newbie

i stopped by after work and the genius behind the best buy mobile counter argued with me for 20 minutes that there was no new iphone. in addition they were still charging 199 for the 8 gig 3g

i called another location and this guy was much more helpful. he said they were having a corporate meeting tonight to discuss it. he also said they were matching the 99 3g price and their refurbs were selling for 79 with a 1 year warranty

my dillema is i want a 32 gig and 16 gig 3gs and i have about 350 in gift cards to best buy. if they dont have them on the 19th ill preorder the 32 gig from at&t and just pick up the 16 down the line. im just hoping they actually get them because right now they just seem clueless

i have a feeling they wont get them on launch day which sucks because im going out of town the next week and would really love having the phone. ive been outta contract on verizon for 6 months waiting for this announcement

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I spoke to Best Buy tonight, the girl who was working there is the one who sold me my 3G 16GB in White last week. She said I could either return this one and wait until 6-16 or just bring this one in then and get the new one, especially if you bought your phone from them they are more willing to help it seems.:eek:

11. truffleshuffle8 macrumors newbie

what are you gonna do on 6/16? wait three more days for the 3gs to release?

12. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

I am glad you know more of what i wanted to say..but no it wasn't a question....i wanted to make an statement on the title...so the people who may KNOW something will come and read and no random people giving no info at all

and yes I have bunch of points and gift card

13. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Isn't the warranty/exchange "rules" less strict at Best Buy? Like pixels or whatnot?

I'd definitely buy from there if it wasn't for the Back2School Promo.

14. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

update

to quick update, after talking to a few people that work there, they are going to have it but at this point they don't have the details or if they will even have them by release date.

15. cfunkera macrumors newbie

I just talked to a sales associate from BestBuy and she said that they would have the iPhone 3G S on June 19 just like everybody else!