iPhone 3G[s] Backordered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djcraze, Jun 11, 2009.

1. djcraze macrumors regular

djcraze

Did anyone else go into an AT&T store and were told that the 16GB Black and 32GB black were on back order? :-\.. I thought the whole point was to a pre-order was o they could adjust their numbers, and ship out what was required... Weird

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

At some point if there is enough preorder demand, they would still run out. If they make 1 million iPhone 3Gs units and they get preordered, then backorder would happen.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

how many pre's sold in the first weekend? 50,000?

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Still no confirmed number yet from Palm or Sprint, but the estimate is around there.

5. fratboy macrumors regular

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Yeah, I went to an AT&T store near my office and they were back-ordered already as well. I went to the 5th Ave Apple Store afterwards and spoke with the folks there and ultimately went home and reserved one. No details on the time I will be able to pick it up but I'm hoping early. :)

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

That's probably real good considering Sprint's subscriber base is significantly smaller than AT&T's and also Sprint is regarded as having the worst customer service in the business.

Gotta fight fire with fire. If the Pre was sold on Verizon or AT&T the first time out, I bet that number would be much larger.

8. Jman14 macrumors 6502

9. Resident Guru macrumors member

FWIW, I was able to pre purchase the 32gb black 3G S this morning at my local AT&T store in OK.