iPhone 3G S Backordered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sajjadbuet, Jun 12, 2009.

1. sajjadbuet macrumors member

Anybody who is without a backordered status? I ordered on 10th and both of my orders (16G Black, 16G White) are back ordered :(

What if I also order from Apple? It still allows me to place an order at $199. I have heard that AT&T has no idea how to cancel an order :)

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Not to worry. It's backordered because it's not available yet, thus not in stock. There will be no shortage of iPhone 3GS. Bank on it.

3. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Correct - I believe "backordered" is shown for any AT&T item that is preordered, because it's not actually in stock.

4. Stankonia macrumors regular

I hope that is the case :cool:

I ordered on the 10th, but the order status says I ordered on the 12th because it wasn't processed today, so if they actually are backordered, I might have to wait longer since they are shipped first-come-first-served and they put me behind by 2 days. Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I ordered mine on the 10th as well but from apple not ATT. Also I think by choosing the 32gb model, I have more of a chance (less popular) to getting it on the 19th at least that what my twisted logic thinks :)

6. chattermark macrumors member

I ordered mine from AT&T and it doesnt say back ordered. It says ordered. Some peoples order form say backordered. There is another thread on this.

7. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    I just checked the status of mine online via the AT&T order status page, and mine is showing I ordered it yesterday (I did) and that it is NOT on backorder, just "in process"

8. ElNiCr07 macrumors newbie

pre-ordered White 32g at AT&T

I went in on the 10th to pre-order.. checked progress online, and it says ordered on the 11th, and that it's "In Progress".. What exactly does that mean? Should I be expecting it on backorder? I cancelled tmobile before they billed me for next month.. now I'm left without a phone.. is there any hope for getting it this week or the beginning of next week?

9. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I was told in the store, when I ordered (June 8th), that it was back ordered but on AT&T's website, it shows a status of in progress.

10. ElNiCr07 macrumors newbie

So.. this probably isn't an answerable question.. but how late is the latest one would get it if it was ordered between the day it started, and the 11th?