Iphone 3G/S BLACK Bezel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone3048, Sep 18, 2009.

1. iphone3048 macrumors member

Anyone have their bezel painted black? Can you please post a picture? I want to get a black one but like to see how it would look like.

Also, will the bezel from a 2G fit the 3G? I see ALOT of black bezels for the 2G.

Thanks.

2. Lemons! macrumors member

3. iphone3048 thread starter macrumors member

There is for $35.00 which I don't want to pay that. Oh well.

4. iphone3048 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, those guys are crazy insane! Why on earth would anyone pay those prices!?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Because if you do it yourself it'd be big hassle.

6. FrogTastic macrumors regular

FrogTastic

Wouldnt the black just peel off over time. Thats why i assumed Apple stuck with the silver.

7. iphone3048 thread starter macrumors member

I believe apple stuck with the chrome because it makes the iPhone look smaller. It a visual trick reallly but at the same time it looks okay. Also, if done right the paint will not peel of or fade.

8. iphone3048 thread starter macrumors member

Not for me, I already took of my screen and added some double sided tape to the right of the screen because zof the "screen sink" issue. Of course only one side was sticky and the other has the paper so the screen will not stick to the body. I have also added a second battery to my old 3g phone which doubled the use time.

So if your a little handy and realize this is just a phone you can do alot of thing to it. Paying $200.00 to have a bezel painted is highway robbery. I'm sure they target young kids with rich parents and business people who may never have used a screwdriver.

But hey, if people are willing to pay than everyone is happy!