iPhone 3G S Hardware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Feng Shui, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Is there a difference between the 16gb and 32 gb versions? Does the ram of processor differ between the two? I couldn't find the answer to my question here.

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

The only difference on the iPhone 3G S in terms of hardware is the choice between 16GB or 32GB, other than that... the two are identical.

3. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

4. Lenxal macrumors regular

Delta is wrong.
    It has better processor so it would be able to open apps quicker and the 3g is faster when it gets upgraded

5. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

Wait, just to get it clear, the 32gb iPhone 3G S is faster than the 16gb iPhone 3g S?

6. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

No, Lenxal is confused. Both the 16gb iPhone 3GS and 32gb iPhone 3GS are identical besides the storage capacity.

7. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

No Lenxal is wrong. I think he's confused a bit with the post he responded to.

8. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, you see I was a bit worried when I saw up to 2x faster. That could either mean it is physically faster (processor and ram) or the new 7.2Mbps connection.

What about the "Water- and oil-resistant finish?" Does that mean I can dip it in some olive oil and wash it afterwards with water and soap without worries?

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well that really matters. Are you trying to fry your iPhone and eat it later? Then yes, you can do it without worries.

If you plan on using it for the actual iPhone parts of it, I wouldn't recommend frying/washing...
    :rolleyes::cool::D:p