iPhone 3g s Jailbreak Qs & what is SSH?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Qanbar, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Qanbar macrumors member

Qanbar

Hope the title was specific enough lol, here go my list of questions regarding the new purplera1n jailbreak - i have searched the forums and some of my questions have not been answered to my satisfaction:

1. If i use purplera1n will it wipe all my songs, contacts, apps and media etc off my iPhone 3g s? I am not looking to unlock it ever as love o2 - shock i know! lol

2. What are the benefits of waiting for the dev teams jailbreak?

3. Will a 'restore' from itunes remove the jailbreak and bring it back to factory reset?

4. Does Hackulo.us still work with the 3g s jailbreak? i.e. free apps (of apps i have already purchased - i do not condone piracy *ahem*)

5. What is SSH?

Thanks guys

2. AppleCrakintosh macrumors newbie

I need these answered to :(

I have a 3GS, and I have had the 2G & 3G but I have never Jailbroke before and I am considering it.

I just want to know if it can be undone if I want to un jailbreak, and if I can still sync it with iTunes to put more music on it while it's jailbroken.

3. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

1. No
    2. No one knows yet until it comes out.
    3. Yes
    4. Yes, but don't post links to the repo here (got a warning last night =p).
    5. SSH enables you to go into the files/folders in your phone via your computer using a client such as FUGU or Cyberduck etc. You can change icons, add text tones, add apps, etc by doing this. An alternative to SSH is using DiskAid for OSX :).

4. Qanbar thread starter macrumors member

Qanbar

thanks crunkcrumpet (nice name bw lol).
    New quick Q

Is Cydia like an app store?

5. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

Yeah pretty much. Some of the stuff you have to pay for now, but a lot of it is free. :)

6. Qanbar thread starter macrumors member

Qanbar

have now jailbroken and it is glorious!

cheers for the advice.