Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nocaster

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Hrmmm - Didn't seem like like they had enough.

Someone's getting gypped out of a phone tomorrow.

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
I'm a bit confused; I called two separate Walmarts and both were negative on carrying the new 3GS.

Can someone please clarify whether Walmart will carry the new 3GS or simply the regular 3G... I was under the impression that they were to carry both. :confused:

db44

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
separate lines...

Got a call from a live human at my apple store (soho) to confirm my reservation. She said there's a separate line for customers with reservations. So, maybe no hassle tomorrow.

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
I'm a bit confused; I called two separate Walmarts and both were negative on carrying the new 3GS.

Can someone please clarify whether Walmart will carry the new 3GS or simply the regular 3G... I was under the impression that they were to carry both. :confused:

I believe WalMart will just have the 8GB 3G.

Got a call from a live human at my apple store (soho) to confirm my reservation. She said there's a separate line for customers with reservations. So, maybe no hassle tomorrow.

Maybe "less" hassle ... but then again, keep in mind ... LOTS of people have pre-ordered their phones since the announcement, so perhaps not. ;)

DELLsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Funny how they drop that box around 0:45 :D

Hopefully that's not your iPhone 3GS :p

I'll wait for the iPhone 4G ;)

As will I. Have fun campers. I'm content to wait for the next great thing but meanwhile, I'm looking forward to TomTom for the iPhone. :)

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007

Unless everyone thinks this so they go ahead and preorder. Then the reservation line ends up being longer while the rest of us breeze through! ;)

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I understood people camping out for the first iPhone because it was the initial release, everyone wanted to have it first and we had no real idea about how many were going to be available. I even sat in line for about 12 hours for the initial launch. However, last year I did not wait in line for the 3G and instead waited until the next day. I went to my AT&T store that morning around 10 and picked up an iPhone 3G after waiting for about 15 minutes. At this point Apple and AT&T have a pretty good idea what the demand for the phone is and because of that I find it hard to believe that most stores will sell out on day 1. Over the course of the weekend I am sure some will sell out, but I don't think it will be to the point of justifying camping out, unless you really have to have it before everyone in town. I already know I won't be getting mine til next week and that doesn't bother me.

applecultvictim

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2009
No one noticed what a tiring and boring job this people go through to get us our phones...:confused:

this has to be the most soul deadening job on the world.

LiamNYC

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
5th Ave Pre-Order

Does anyone know if the 5th Ave store will also have 2 lines - one for those who pre-ordered, and another for those who just show up?

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I don't get this walmart bit either. Above it was mentioned that they might only carry the 8GB 3G. But their website clearly says the 3G S will be IN STORES. I called my local Walmart that is 24x7, and although I received outstanding help (or maybe it was just that I got off the phone with Charter for turning my cable modem off), they were not able to tell me if they'd have it or when.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I never get this. Like Woodstock? Lemmings!!! I will be happy at home on Friday, listening to music, drinking my espresso, having sex with my girlfriend and waiting for UPS to arrive. :cool:

But the real question is ... will you stop having sex with your girlfriend as soon as UPS does arrive?? :eek:

The real question is what if the UPS guy comes early.

(Feel free to delete mods, but I couldn't resist).

TripHop

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
A Queue of 2 Is At The Palo Alto California Apple Store

Been leader of the queue at the Palo Alto Apple Store since 3pm yesterday Wednesday June 17 and only ONE person has joined me about 7am Thursday morning. It's like there is no new product tomorrow here at the flagship store Steve Jobs likes to surprise visit. CNBC interviewed me this morning but it's like everybody decided to skip the launch here. :confused:

BKroll1223

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
I'm sure many people received this email today. I called my local Apple store to confirm what the fine print here says.

*Your reservation is valid until close of business on Friday, June 19, 2009. Reservation does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Basically, even if you "reserved" an iPhone, if they run out.... guess what? What's the point of reserving a phone?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Been leader of the queue at the Palo Alto Apple Store since 3pm yesterday Wednesday June 17 and only ONE person has joined me about 7am Thursday morning. It's like there is no new product tomorrow here at the flagship store Steve Jobs likes to surprise visit. CNBC interviewed me this morning but it's like everybody decided to skip the launch here. :confused:

Like I said in onther thread, I really don't think this launch will be as big as the other two. I think it's mostly Apple geeks who have already pre-ordered who are getting the 3G S. I could be wrong though...

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I'm sure many people received this email today. I called my local Apple store to confirm what the fine print here says.

*Your reservation is valid until close of business on Friday, June 19, 2009. Reservation does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Basically, even if you "reserved" an iPhone, if they run out.... guess what? What's the point of reserving a phone?

There's a Seinfeld joke that asks the very same question...though obviously not about iPhone reservations.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
Any guesses to the excitement level? Bigger than 2G? Bigger than 3G? Most people I know pre-ordered not to wait in line. It has rained for almost a week straight here in NYC but the forecast says clear for tomorrow.

Saikou

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
NE

Yea I don't get this either... What's the point of reserving one if it's still first come first served? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.