iPhone 3g s: o2 UK queries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Qanbar, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Qanbar macrumors member

Qanbar

hey guys have had my 3g s since launch day but want to get another two year contract for the wife on my account but Carphone warehouse told me only one iphone contract per person...is this just CPW or can i get another one with o2/apple direct?
    Before you ask, yes i have a great credit rating and I have had two contracts under my name before on orange uk.

Also if this doesn't work is there a way around the stringent credit checks by o2 so my wifes (not so great) credit rating gets passed - possibly paying a deposit up front...?

2. Qanbar thread starter macrumors member

Qanbar

3. t0mm macrumors regular

I'm 18, and my credit history is virtually non-existant.

When I got my contract 2 weeks after my birthday I was told I had to pay a £100 deposit which would be released after 3 successful bill payments.

Maybe she will be allowed to do that?

I know o2 have a set deposit of £100

CPW I believe ranges from £100 to £250

4. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

trying calling O2 and asking them direct? :rolleyes:

5. SAFC2403 macrumors member

Think the only way you can do that is to move onto a business tariff which allows for multiple handsets.

6. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

I'm getting my 3G this week as was wondering what O2's payment options for deposits are; is it cash only or what?

7. sallythemac Guest

When the iPhone 3G was relelased, as stock was so tight, O2 said that it would be one iPhone per person, 2 per household. As 3GS stock is tight, i think this policy may have carried over.

I have known people take 1 iPhone, passed fine, try take a second and been declined straight away. Likewise, i have seen people take more than one iPhone under a single name.

Is there the option for your wife to have hers in her name? That could be an option.

The fact is no harm can be done by trying (except obviously it will be a second credit check that may affect your credit score). If CPW are refusing to try for a 2nd phone, get the 2nd from Apple or O2 direct. You have two chances.

8. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

I currently have two iPhones going. My old 3G and my current 3GS. Can't see the problem!!