iPhone 3G [S] - Plastic cracking...report here.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ec51, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ec51 macrumors 6502

Hello all...

I was hoping with the release of the 3G , Apple would have done something different with the design of the back plastic due to the known issues of 'stress cracks' as I have heard numerous Genius' refer to them.

I received my on Friday and have already noticed 6 tiny little cracks at the bottom of my phone near the two screw holes. Although they do not go all the way through the plastic...they look like 'surface' cracks.

I have a white 32 GB - and yes, my 3G was white as well. I guess I would rather deal with the small cracks then the abundance of fingerprints. So I knew what I was getting into, although as I mentioned, I was hoping they changed the formula of the plastic...guess not :(

Oh well, just wondering who else, if anyone...noticed any cracks.

2. starstudded macrumors newbie

3. ec51 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes thank you.

I know I can and I have before with my 3G, however...I was not complaining. I was simply inquiring to found out whether this is an isolated case or not.

4. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Good inquiry, and hopefully this thread doesn't see any traffic because I'd hate to learn that the 3GS is as vulnerable to damage as the 3G, though I never suspected that Apple changed any of the materials on the exterior of the 3GS (except oleo coating on screen)