iPhone 3G S Sans-Term

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krid, Jun 19, 2009.

1. krid macrumors newbie

krid

So I checked out my local carriers (Rogers) page this morning to see the ins and outs on the iPhone 3G s pricing with out a plan. What im posting isn't a huge surprise but still a bit more than i would have first thought.
    i thought id share and would be interested to know what others in other countries prices were ranging.

Here is what the prices are with out a plan (ie ever one who bought an i phone 3g last year or who still have an existing plan):

16gig black or white: $680.00

32gig black or white: $780.00

:eek:

Well i have the chance to upgrade my phone in July so im going to find out if i can do so to the 3G s (im doubting it but its worth asking :))

2. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

With the current exchange rate, that's almost US$2 more than purchasing the 16GB outright in the US. Robbery!

Are Canadian phones carrier unlocked?

3. svndmvn Guest

Italy, carrier unlocked, a lot more expensive than old 3gs that are currently sold for their old prices: 499€ and 569€=693$ and 790$, vat included
    the new 3gs 16gb is 599€ and the 32gb is 699€ at the apple store
    832$ 971$
    Vodafone and Tim sell all of these unlocked and the prices are a bit higher for the new ones: 859$ and 999$
    there are probably no lines whatsoever at these shops, there was one at the Apple Store and people ordered them online as well.

4. krid thread starter macrumors newbie

krid

No they are not unlocked... those prices are purchasing the phone with out a plan, no subsidy.

5. Kevlar macrumors 6502

You didn't read the entire page. Exisiting iPhone 3G users have the option to upgrade at a cheaper price with the addition of 1 year added to their plan.

6. krid thread starter macrumors newbie

krid

Yeah *Tks kevlar, those were not up when i originally posted :) That is some good news.

Too bad (lol!!) i rarely exceeded $85/month, then i could swing that 199 price! Ill just sit tight with my 3G. 450 is still a tad steep.

Cheers