iPhone 3G S Sim Tray isnt sitting flush...what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericxd, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ericxd macrumors regular

ok so i finally had my chance to get my hands on a 32GB white iPhone 3G S. The device works properly. However, the top piece where u put the sim card (SIM TRAY) isnt sitting flush when you push it back down, meaning that the white piece of the sim tray is bit bent upwards on one side.

I know its not a big deal to some people, but i take care of my iPhones and to me it bothers me. I like my iPhones perfect especially when i JUST got it. So please dont leave comments such as 'oh, its nothing' and such.

Anyways what should i do to get a new sim tray piece???

2. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

3. pintnight macrumors 6502

Take a hammer and wack the part this sticking up, but do it very very hard. Or you can take it back to Apple and see if they can fix it seeing if there is something blocking the sim tray or they will give you a replacement.

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

that was one complaint I had with my White 3G, along with it looking yellowish with my Zagg InvilsbleShield cover on it. The SIM tray isn't as noticeable on the black iPhones.

5. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

well my old iPhone 3G didnt have that but yea i notice it when i look INTO it
    so what u end up doing?

6. ebika macrumors 6502

Take it to an apple store or don't worry about it. Are there really any other good options?

7. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Don't worry about it

9. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

well is this common
    anyone have this situation?

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Mine is the same way, I made a thread about it: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=726509

I actually went to an Apple store to see others and they were also like this. :( Another quality built product from Apple, lol.

11. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm so is Apple giving u a new sim tray or u have to live with that?

12. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

My white 16GB has this problem too. It's not the sim tray, it's the back of the phone that's actually bowed outwards a bit it seems. It was pretty annoying at first but I'm over it now. Plus I'd feel like a real douche to return my phone cuz of something so small and minute, I know I payed good money for it but this would be a bit rediculous lol.

13. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

i guess im a lot more picky than u
    honestly, not only its about the price i paid for it, more importantly, its what i am paying for. If i purchase something that is brand new, i expect to be brand new.

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I had my first iPhone replaced due to cracks. The iPhone they gave me had that problem. It annoyed me too, not because of how it looked (not very noticeable in the black iPhone) but because it created a sharp edge there.

I wanted to take it back for them to replace it but here we don't have apple stores so they don't replace it on the spot. I'd have to leave my iPhone there, again, wait for them to evaluate it and decide if it was worth a replacement.

So I just got a Sim Card Tray from ebay for $0.99 and it actually fits perfectly.

It's not an ideal solution but it was the best one for my situation.