iPhone 3G S Touchscreen Goes Wonky When Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Corgy, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Corgy, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Take it to Apple Store and see what they make of it. That is weird, my first iPhone 3GS had an unresponsive screen, took it in and got it replaced.

3. appledude222 macrumors newbie

Restore your phone first then take it to the apple store and try to get it replaced.

4. SingaporeStu macrumors regular

It happened to me too, but I was using a 3rd party USB power socket (with original cable) at work.

I plugged it into my computer's USB port instead, and it works fine.

Haven't tried it with the original USB power socket. I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

You didn't mention if you were using an original USB power socket or a 3rd party one?

5. Corgy, Jul 13, 2009

Corgy thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SingaporeStu macrumors regular

7. Corgy, Jul 14, 2009

Corgy thread starter macrumors newbie

8. xkon macrumors newbie

Jesus thats what im doing as well - i had ordered a USB charger for the car but had it rigged up in the meantime. ONLY does it then... thanks!!!

9. desmond1982 macrumors newbie

Don't do anything stupid or buy new chargers. It's a limitation of the capacitative touchscreen. The screen recognizes electrical signals from your fingers but when charging, it wobbles when touched because it is confused with electrical fields of your fingers and the charger.

Solution? Easy.

When you want to use the iPhone when charged, unground it by touching the metal bezel with your other hand.