Iphone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcmarcdv, Jul 26, 2009.

1. marcmarcdv macrumors regular

hello all,

How do you know if your my iphone is fault?

Number 1. my screen keeps getin lighter then darked why is that?

Number 2. does the screen meant to me flash with the outside of the iphone becuase when i run my figure down the side of the screen it feels like there an hole there? is meant to be like that? or is it meant to be smother...?

2. matttye macrumors 601

1 - Look around the settings, there's an "auto brightness" option somewhere. If you turn this option off the brightness will stay constant.

2 - I would guess it's supposed to be flush.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

1. the light sensor is detecting the amount of light present and adjusting automatically

2. there will always be a gap between the screen glass and bezel, it just depends how noticeable this is as to whether the iPhone is faulty

4. marcmarcdv thread starter macrumors regular

wat should i do? it feel like something missed.. an on the other side its perfect..

is something wrong with my fone?

5. matttye macrumors 601

Personally I'd just ignore it. As long as there's no light leak then it's really not going to hamper your experience with the phone.

6. marcmarcdv thread starter macrumors regular

What can leak? would apple replaced my fone

7. Macjames macrumors 6502a

In a dark room does light shine through the gap? If so then light is leaking through the gap. My screen is not flush with the silver rim on one side and its perfectly fine.

8. matttye macrumors 601

Some phones have problems with screen light leaking through gaps in the phone. If no light is leaking out of yours then I would just ignore it as it won't cause you any problems.

Apple will probably replace it, but is it worth swapping your phone for a new one which may have more serious issues than a small gap?

9. marcmarcdv thread starter macrumors regular

there's no light coming thought, so i'm hoped thats an good thing.. because i just got my new 3gs fone today.......

10. matttye macrumors 601

Yes that's a good thing. It means that the only problem with your phone is aesthetic.

11. marcmarcdv thread starter macrumors regular

would apple still replaced it? or not?

its an great fone.. i luv it....i use to have the nokia n97.... it makes the nokia n97 look so **** an slown...

12. matttye macrumors 601

They would more than likely replace it yet, but you might get a phone with more problems than your current one.

If you really can't live with the little gap then by all means take it back, but if that is the only "issue" my phone had then I would be happy.

13. marcmarcdv thread starter macrumors regular

how come there still figure prints on the screen.. i thought the iphone had an new screen an u dnt them them...

whys that

14. matttye macrumors 601

The coating on the screen repels oil. This just means that the finger prints won't stick to the screen, so you can easily wipe them off with a cloth or something..

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You still need to manually wipe it off; the only way to truly make the screen show less fingerprints is to get an anti-glare screen protector.

16. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Or wear special gloves.