iPhone 3G safari crashes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottFitz, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

In the last couple of days, my safari is crashing a lot when I try to load graphic intense sites.

Anyone else? It's like I'm maxing out the ram.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It used to crash quite a bit but it has only crashed one time when using safari since getting 2.0 and that was on ESPN

3. annable macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G Safari crashes

My Safari has been crashing while I was surfing the Apple store!

4. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Yes here, all the flippin' time, 2G and 3G phones. I'm sick of it actually. I wouldn't mind but since I had both iPhones I've primarily used them for forums which are hardly graphic intensive but it crashes all the time. Just freezes, then I get the black screen, then the home screen. Much more of this and it's Nokia for me :mad:;)

5. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

My 2G used to crash all the time and I was hoping it was something that would be fixed on the 3G, it doesn't SEEM to do it as often however whenever I try to browse through allhiphop.com it freezes EVERY TIME and crashes WITHOUT FAIL!! My old 2G didn't have this isuue with one website And I DO find it rather annoying when I have to reboot the darn thing just for wanting to check out one website...

6. newyorksole macrumors 68020

My Safari has never crashed since owning the iPhone 3G. Facebook often crashes though, causing my phone to restart. Playing the iPod and browsing Contacts often causes the songs to skip and the phone to slightly lag.

7. GNice macrumors 6502

Doesn't crash that often for me, but I've a few crashes since I bought it on "day 1"...and I surf the web with my 3G a lot.

I'm really hoping after a couple of firmware updates it gets more stable.

8. asmac macrumors newbie

all the time for me..even when i'm just reading my email..i'm starting to get frustrated..I bought the 3g because of all the hype and now that i've had for it a few weeks..it's becoming more annoying to me..

9. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I was using a iPhone 3G in one of the stores in Australia and it crashed on me...

10. ikare macrumors member

Keeping fingers crossed, I'm with you!

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

My safari crashes ALL the time! Every few websites or so almost. I tried a restore hoping some file was corrupted and that was all, but no such luck. It is way worse than I remember my first gen phones ever being.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

There's a Safari 4.0 out there somewhere; at least for Developers, keep your chin up! Can't we all just get along? :p