iPhone 3G Screen "Broken" but NOT cracked.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scull20, Apr 8, 2009.

1. scull20 macrumors newbie

Well I never thought it would happen, but I finally dropped my iPhone the wrong way...seems to have landed on the corner from about 4 1/2 feet high and now the LCD is just showing up all black on one side then about a 3/8" wide strip of black and white thin lines on the left side. It also shows up just white with different color lines on the left side as well. The glass is NOT...I repeat...NOT CRACKED. Additionally, there is no indication that I have dropped or abused my phone in anyway. I bought my phone in late October. What are my odds at getting a replacement? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Ryan

EDIT: My phone does NOT ring or vibrate when I try to call it.

EDIT2: My screen lights up when someone calls it, and I can double tap the home screen and get music to start playing through the speakers...but it seems like overall function of the phone is sporadic and sluggish.

EDIT3: I got my Phone to sync...but its still very sporadic on functioning...speakers and touch screen work when they feel like it...it vibrates when I move the switch once and a while etc.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

if there are no signs of damage, take it in and say it started acting weird on you

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yep, and I bet they'd replace it for you

4. scull20 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

6. suedecky macrumors newbie

This just happened to mine tonight. What did you tell the Genius?

7. scull20 thread starter macrumors newbie

I sat down at the bar, he asked me what the problem was and I replied, "I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me"...and then I handed him my phone. He checked the water sensors, then went in the back and checked to see if connection for the LCD came loose, then came out with the screen looking the same as before. Shortly after he pulled out a new phone, put my sim in, activated it and I happily walked away.

Restoring the new phone took FOREVER btw.

8. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

uh oh careful, the macrumors morality police might be after you for that one!