Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VToX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
hello friends.

I was wondering if you could help me with a little problem I have. Today, I dropped my iPhone and the Touch screen cracked. The LED screen is perfectly fine, its just the glass infront of it thats ****ed up (shown in pic).

Unfortunately, the repair from Apple will cost $200, thants $50 more than I paid for the phone. I have seen some suggestions about buying a new touch screen for around $35 and installing it myself. I would be following these instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xn7whpZAA&feature=player_embedded#

What do you guys suggest for this problem, any alternative methods?

Pretendo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
hello friends.

I was wondering if you could help me with a little problem I have. Today, I dropped my iPhone and the Touch screen cracked. The LED screen is perfectly fine, its just the glass infront of it thats ****ed up (shown in pic).

Unfortunately, the repair from Apple will cost $200, thants $50 more than I paid for the phone. I have seen some suggestions about buying a new touch screen for around $35 and installing it myself. I would be following these instructions.

Look on your local Craigslist and see if anyone does iPhone/pod repairs. I had a broken LCD on my iPhone and had it repaired to like new this way.

Medeiros29

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
Sunshine State CA
You can have it fixed by yourself or 3rd Party Repair centers!!

hello friends.

There are very good 3rd Party Repair Shops out there these days offering the Same service of iphone repairs? We have come across a Repair Center that offers Affordable Pricing for this as we came across::: Affordable E-Tech Repair/Parts.

3G Front Glass/Digitizer repair for $75.00 that includes the Part, Labor, and Free Return Shipping.

As for the Parts they use is GRADE A OEM replacement Only? Other offers Grade B which is low quality and goes out within 1 Day to 1 Month. Try them or other sites and just see.

They are featured go to google search and type in:: Affordable E-Tech Repair/Parts Bakersfield, ca.

Kind Regards

a2003

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
There are very good 3rd Party Repair Shops out there these days offering the Same service of iphone repairs? We have come across a Repair Center that offers Affordable Pricing for this as we came across::: Affordable E-Tech Repair/Parts.

3G Front Glass/Digitizer repair for $75.00 that includes the Part, Labor, and Free Return Shipping.

As for the Parts they use is GRADE A OEM replacement Only? Other offers Grade B which is low quality and goes out within 1 Day to 1 Month. Try them or other sites and just see.

They are featured go to google search and type in:: Affordable E-Tech Repair/Parts Bakersfield, ca.

Kind Regards

Came across? Right. Is this the same company that ran an operation under the ebay username hotseller1_2007? All signs point to that one. Is this the company that stole many ipods off of innocent victims on ebay. All the dots connect to that. Is this the company that ran under the names tied to Richard McNeill, John Medeiros and Gloria Anderson? All signs point to that also. Quit "coming across" your own company and promoting criminal behavior.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
I don't know that much about cracked screens but buying a new iPhone for $200+ is a Apple Scam, try to find someone who can repair it infront of you or do I yourself.

Personally I wouldn't trust a site because you never know what they can do to your iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.