iPhone 3G Screen Dead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smt1192, Jan 13, 2009.

1. smt1192 macrumors regular

Hello, I have a black 8GB iPhone 3G and have had it for 5 months now and have had no problems. Today, I locked the phone (hit the top right button) , and the screen won't turn back on. The phone vibrates when it receives a call, but the screen won't turn on. It has had no contact with water.

Help? Does anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks

2. Shawn D macrumors regular

I would take it to your closest apple store. They can diagnose it and if its under applecare, Replace it.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Hold down the lock and the HOME button until the apple logo appears

4. smt1192 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks guys. I connected it to the computer and iTunes recognized it. I am doing a software reset. I can see the apple and the progress bar while I am doing the reset, so that is a good sign! If all else fails, I will take it to the Apple store.

5. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

That happened to me for the first time the other day. I went to unlock it, and the screen stayed black and wouldn't turn on. Doing a hard reset (holding the sleep and home buttons) got it to work again. I haven't had any problems since then, and hopefully I won't have any more.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

How did it go?

7. smt1192 thread starter macrumors regular

Great! Thanks for asking.

Did a software reset and it hasn't acted up since. Even have all of my data backed up in iTunes. Thanks for your help. Hopefully this won't come back again.

But I am rather curious what the issue was.

8. anagrama macrumors newbie

still dead

this happend to me a few weeks back and I haven't been able to get it to work.
    I've reset it and also restored it but nothing worked.

any ideas?

9. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

Mine does this from time to time but after furiously pressing the buttons it seems to decide to come back on :rolleyes: have had it completely go off once though but simply resetting it (hold the hold and home button) fixed the problem.

10. twitchtwice macrumors member

good to hear, maybe ios4 will stop this from happening.