iphone 3g screen goes black whille trying to hang up call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johndoe30o, Aug 27, 2008.

1. johndoe30o macrumors newbie

when i try to hang up a phone call my iphone's screen goes black and i can not hit end, i have to wait for the screen to come back on. anyone else with this problem

2. lloyd.smith. macrumors member

im having this problem aswell, i'll finish the call and before i can press the end call button the screen goes blank and is completely un-responsive for sometimes up to 10 minutes, when it finally comes around its a bit slow for a few minutes but returns to normal again..........until my next call but it doesnt happen all the time so i dont know what im going to do lol

3. angelpeach838 macrumors newbie

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Do all/any of you guys have cases on you phones? There have been a few people on here who have put cases on that are interfering with the proximity sensors and causing weird screen behavior during/after calls.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Agreed. When I got mine I slapped on an old case from the original iPhone. I was getting wierd behavior as the OP described. I visited a Genius and he restored my phone (which I had already done the night before). I bought a new case while I was there and the problem never returned.

6. johndoe30o thread starter macrumors newbie

7. moxwell macrumors newbie

yup, get rid of the case, i tried to save some bucks by reusing my old edge iphone dlo case on my new 3g, fit perfectly, but it had the same issues you are mentioning. I got rid of the old dlo case for a new 3g dlo case, issues gone. Besides the new 3 g case seems more svelte than the old one.

8. johndoe30o thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i took the case off and had made a few calls and it works fine. the case is a 3g case i guess its just not a good one

9. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

It only does that when you receive the call. Try it out. If you call someone then you can hit end but if you receive it while its asleep then it goes black and hangs up.