iPhone 3G screen issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhoneuser94, Nov 10, 2010.

1. iPhoneuser94 macrumors newbie

Instead of taking up the whole iPhone screen area, there's a grayish strip that surrounds the screen from the top to the left side and near the bottom of the screen. This happened randomly, and the screen has always been fine.

I might not be doing a great job explaining the issue, but overall, the Issue is that the screen isn't being totally used. There's a small strip of the edge that has nothing and has the Color of the screen as if it's off.

2. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically there's a little strip of the 'off screen' on the side of the screen. It's actually surround it.

I need help bad! Thanks!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you serious? This iPhone is like 3-4 weeks "old".

It happened randomly, too. I checked it to check my Email, and then I put it back in my pocket and it vibrated-- meaning an email had came-- and when I pulled it out I had to hit home twice for the screen to open and I saw that there was a strip of nothing on the sides. It's not even a color-- just the screen when the iPhone screen is off, except it's on the sides and very little.

It's hard to tell from a distance, but it's really bothering me..

5. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its 3-4 weeks old you can bring it to Apple and have replaced under warranty.
    I still dont understand what it does though.
    You have part of the screen not lighting up or showing up as dead or gray pixels?
    Give a restore a shot before you return it but sounds like a hardware issue to me.

7. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129942

Look at post #5. The picture he posted of his screen looks very similar to mine's-- basically, the sides are gray pixels, as you said, I guess.

I don't have warranty on it; I got it through my uncle.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it is bought 3-4 weeks ago it has a full 1 year warranty from Apple from the date of purchase and you can get it exchanged no matter who bought it and without having the receipt.