iPhone 3G screen just cracked, what can the genius bar do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yankeesdrummer, Sep 2, 2011.

1. yankeesdrummer macrumors newbie

hey there, first post, longtime lurker and need some help. my iphone 3g screen just cracked, like badly. ive had the phone for almost 2 years, like 1 year, 11 months. i dont want to buy any phone or upgrade just yet since im waiting for my contract to renew along with waiting for the new phone. my question is that i made an appointment with the genuis bar to see what they can do for me, but realistically am i wasting my time? last time i had a problem with my iphone 3g, they looked at it for like 5 mins and just gave me a refurbished one, no question asked. the problem i had with the phone was that the silence button wasnt working. im really hoping they do the same this time, but before i go and possibly waste time, what do you guys think the best option is? thanks

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

one can only try. most likely they'll tell you to pony up for a replacement (maybe at reduced price).

3. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Was your phone still under warranty last time you took it in? You should be eligible for upgrade pricing at this point, they'll probably offer you an iP4 or 3gs at upgrade pricing. Personally, if the phone is still usable, I'd just hold onto it until whatever it is you're waiting for to come out.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I've always had great service at the genius bar.

5. yankeesdrummer thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have apple care for 2 years, which i got the phone 10/09 so its still covered

6. bri1212 macrumors 6502

I am not completely sure, but I do not think Apple Care covers broken screens.
    Good luck with the Geniuses