iPhone 3G screen problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by G-baby158, Jun 17, 2010.

1. G-baby158 macrumors newbie

Hi, right got a water damaged iPhone 3G 16gb White yesterday that was showing no sign life, so popped the motherboard out of it and put it into my White 3G (with everything of my fully working 3G) and plugged it into computer, straight away it recognized in iTunes and i could restore the phone, sync ect.... But the screen just stays blank? At first it did go just white and then go back to black or would stay on white for a bit. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? The screen off the water damaged one is also fine because i tried that on my fully working 3G.

I can't work it out? All the connections for the screen are on how they should be.

Anyone could help i would be really great full.

Thanks.

2. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Ihave fixed damaged iPhones with dim screens due to backlight problems, but never a white screen. It normally means connector damage or screen electronics damage. But without seeing the phone, I could be wrong.

Regards

Spencer

3. G-baby158 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right well now screen doesn't even come on, just stays black but i can connect to iTunes every time i plug it into the computer. I can also hear the sound from the phone when connected. Seems really strange to me.

4. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I reckon the connector or screen driver electronics are damaged. In that case, from my experience it will never work. I have seen a few of these now.

5. G-baby158 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, great. Wanted to swap over this board with my 8gb one.
    Never mind.