iPhone 3g screen will not turn on after disemble.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kingtaco11, May 6, 2010.

1. Kingtaco11 macrumors newbie

Sorry for the long story but I wanted to be specific as possible, lol.

Basically, I bought this phone from a buddy for 70$. It worked fine cept the vibrate didnt work. I'm already a tech guru so I knew replacing that part wouldnt be much of a problem (Irony ensues). After about having it for a week or two I thought maybe the Vibrate Motor wasn't connected right or something. So I opened it, disconnected the cabled fine, fiddled with the vibrate motor, put it back together it worked fine...CEPT NOW the ear speaker didnt work while making calls, only on speaker phone would I be able to hear the person talking. :/

So I figured, oh, I mustv'e not put cable 3 back in right. I didnt hesitate to open it this time since I knew what I was doing, but..Do'h! I forgot to turn the iphone off, but before I knew it I had opened it and when I did open it cable 1 got disconnected, turning the screen off. Damn it...So the only thing I could do was make sure the cables were in right. and put it back together.

NOWWW...the screen wont turn on.
    Did I damage one of the cables while disconnecting it? How do I find out for sure?

The thing is tho, the computer recognizes it and it makes the chime to let you know it charging, the only issue I have now is that the dang screen won't turn on.

and yes I've opened it again to make sure the cables 1 2 3 are secure.

2. Kingtaco11 thread starter macrumors newbie

o shi-???

Apparently after the phone died and I conected it to change the screen turns on now. coo... that solves that problem.

but the ear piece still doesnt work. is it the proximity sensor? how would one go about reaplacing that.?

3. Kingtaco11 thread starter macrumors newbie