iPhone 3G screen....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphone3gscreen, Jan 22, 2009.

1. iphone3gscreen macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just got my iPhone 3G but I'm a bit worried about the screen... On my iPhone 3G the screen is above the chrome border, So if I lay it down on a table the screen is the first to touch the table and not the chrome border... So my question is: Is this normal ?? please check your iPhones and let me know...

PS: The screen is popped out the chrome border about 1 millimeter.

Forgive my english...

2. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

The chrome border is ever-so-slightly above my screen.

3. iphone3gscreen thread starter macrumors newbie

I just noticed that near the home button it is almost the same level with the chrome but on the other end (top) it's a bit pushed out... So can this be a problem ???

Does anyone else have this problem ???

4. Resist macrumors 68030

Just like my 1G Touch, the screen on my 3G is slightly below the border.

5. iphone3gscreen thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to force it down but as soon as I take my hands off it will bump out again... It's only about half a millimeter out, but I just want to know if I should exchange my iPhone or not.. The problem is that the screen is flawless, no dead/stuck pixels and no negative black... So I prefer to keep it... What do you think ??? Shall I exchange my iPhone ??

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Why would you be putting your phone down on a table like that anyways?

7. seand1111 macrumors regular

My 3g screen is slightly above the bezel, my wife’s is slightly below it....probably within the tolerances allowed in the manufacturing process.