iPhone 3g Sighting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevindosi, Jun 30, 2008.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

I'm a member of a fan club called "The Little Pumas" for Lance Berkman of the Houston Astros, and we go to every game dressed in puma outfits. We're kind of funny looking, so a ton of people take pictures with us. One guy came up to us and asked for a picture, and we posed. He pulled out a phone, and I could've sworn it was a 3g black iPhone with the plastic back. I squinted my eyes because I couldn't believe it, and the guy said, "yeah, it's an iPhone." I asked if I could see that, and he said, "sorry, I can't show you" and walked off. I'm pretty sure it was a 3g and not a custom casing.

2. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

a-huh... :rolleyes: I doubt people would be showing it off like that. My guess as to why that guy didn't want to show you is because you were "funny looking"... :p

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Probably a Colorware production. Gawd, would you trust a complete stranger dressed up as "a little puma" to gawk and figerf%$@ your iPhone? I know I wouldn't...LOL :p

4. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

might be but i bet its a colorware phone. btw, im a diehard astros fan and i see yall on tv all the time. he really ripped one tonight :D

5. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I know I wouldn't let a stranger dressed up as a puma, what was the word?, finger****, my iphone! :D Mainly because I don't have an iphone... :(

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry but MR doesn't allow Marine jargon or the "F" word, due to the youngsters running around...:(

7. kevindosi thread starter macrumors regular

haha, hilarious. yeah it was a great game, but the crowd wasn't into it today. come by some time and help us cheer on the big puma.

and i had a colorware on my iphone before i sold it a few weeks before the new announcement, and this did not look like it. with colorware, you can see a line where the metal and rubber meet on the phone. this was completely smooth, and didn't have the same shine to it.
    admittedly, i couldn't tell if it was rounder or not. i realize it's unlikely, but it certainly looked like a 3g to this apple geek.

8. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

my apologies youngsters :eek:

:D