iPhone 3G Signal Booster

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBP123, Jul 25, 2008.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
    I have come across a few devices on the internet that say they will boost the signal strength of the iPhone. In my basement, I only get between 1-2 bars, and any call I am on will drop out within a minute. Will any of these actually fix the problem? Any experience with one over another?

Any help is appreciated.

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

Aug 16, 2006
    Scotland, UK
  3. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
  4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

Jun 2, 2005
    Never Ender
    Are you really willing to spend over $200? I find that to be a complete waste of money.
  5. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

May 26, 2006
    I am looking to weigh my options at the very least. But thank you for telling me how to spend my money.

Just wondering if any of these actually work. I am sure there are things you spend money on that I find to be a waste as well, but I do not care to give you my opinion on that matter.
  6. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2008
    I think they should work... anything with an outdoor antenna will provide more gain than your cell will. There was another thread about this recently and a poster recommended digital antenna. http://www.digitalantenna.com/prods/cellularsignalboosters_home-office.html

You'd have to get one of the wireless repeater systems as the iPhone doesn't allow direct connection to the phone as far as I know.