iphone 3G SIM clone, possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tickshaw, Jul 13, 2008.

1. tickshaw macrumors newbie

I would like to see if it is possilbe to clone the iphone 3G SIM so that I can use it in another cell phone that i take out on the boat or to the bar so i don't have to take my iphone... leaving it off at home... please tell me how i can do this and if it is possible... thanx!

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

No need for that, your iPhone 3G SIM is just a standard SIM. Just take it out of your iPhone 3G and put in your other phone.

3. tickshaw thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G SIM Card

Actually I don't want to do that constantly... would like to just have it in the other phone so that I don't put wear and tear on the iPhone...

4. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Is it even possible to create two sim cards ? Wont at&t notice there is two cellphone registered on the network with one number?

5. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

I don't know how you'd do it but it sounds illegal.

6. redsoxunixgeek macrumors regular

redsoxunixgeek

It is Sketchy - one of the benfits of a SIM is being able to do this - I dont know what kind of Wear and Tear you are refering to. If you are doing it every day that is different.

You can clone a SIM but i have never seen a real law on the legality of it - plus you have to have access to an AT&T 3G SIM, and the machine with the ability to copy/clone

Seems to me it would be easier just to use your iPhone

My Boss has an iPhone (COO/President of a Construction COmpany) and he camps, fishes, boats, 4wheels, hunts, and everything with his iPhone....

wel he takes his iPhone with him - although wouldnt that be awesome if you could fish with the iPhone? :D