Iphone 3G simcard contact pins(inside) broken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yomnym, May 16, 2009.

1. yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

Some how i think it was from wiggling or applying(minimum) force while pulling the tray out/pushing in the contacts that touch on the sim card snapped off. These pins are located, by what I've seen on dissected pictures, on the main board of the phone.

Please spare me the trouble of criticism or ridicule as i already feel like a humongous tool. I just need to see how i could fix this. Should i take it to apple and see what they could do. It wont be under warranty since the phone is jail-broken and i'm using a t-mobile sim card. Thanks alot for your help or suggestions.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try restoring the iPhone in iTunes, and then borrowing an AT&T sim to use, so you can take it into an Apple Store to see what they say.

3. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

If i wipe the phone.. will i be able to unlock it.. or use the turbosim adapter with my tmobile card without having to jailbreak it again? I may have to do that.. just wipe it and take it to them and see.. if they cant cover it because it's obvious that it was damaged cause by an idiot user i may have to try and get a phone from ATT with the contract and then cancel it within the 30 days. Could i do that?

4. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

No if you get a iphone and sign the contract and then cancel it within the 30 days you much return the phone or they will bill you the full retail cost for the device. And if you dont pay then sent it to a collection agency to hunt you down lol. Just an FYI. I work for att

5. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

Good to know.. i figured it couldn't be that simple.. it makes no sense.. but anyways my best bet is to just wipe the phone and take it to apple to try and get it fixed? then jail break later?

6. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Or you could ditch tmo and just sign up with the empire att and have 3g :D

7. yomnym thread starter macrumors 6502

yomnym

if they decide to include favorite five or something like t-mobile and verizon have and drop their ridiculous data plus unlimited text prices.. then maybe...