iPhone 3G Skype to Skype calls

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacNoobie, Jan 25, 2009.

1. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Just curious if there's a good way to make skype to skype calls on the iPhone 3G? I'm not interested in making skype to phone calls nor SIP but if you can use 3G or EDGE to get someone to skype you (not skypein/out) and be able to chit chat.

I do have a pwned phone so if theres anything on cydia or installer I'm all for it.

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I'm using a patched version of Fring that lets me use Skype over 3G and Edge. :)

3. navigates macrumors 6502a

Don't bother wasting your time with Fring. Its the worst App made. It has potential but bad spec implementation.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Actually, it's rather good imo. Slightly worse than BeejiveIM, but Fring is free and can do Skype calls :)

Oh, and if you want the patched version try googling, or using the Installous App. It's free anyway, so I see no wrong in using Installous to get the patched version...

5. MacNoobie thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Never really liked fring but nimbuzz gives actually damn good quality over skype using WiFi it sounded like talking on a regular phone. I did discover that the only downside is that if you do enable wifi (after the voIPover3G hack) and try to login to nimbuzz it gets screwy and bitches about multiple logins.

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Do try the patched version, even other 3G sound quality isn't bad! :D

7. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

If this happen's I will be overwhelmed with joy. :D