iPhone 3G SMS Send Fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jul 1, 2008.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2008
    I live in NYC which means I use the subway system a LOT. Obviously there is no cell service when on the trains. However with the original iPhone you couldn't sent an SMS message when you had no service and then have it automatically send when you are back in a coverage area. This was my #1 complaint about the original iPhone. Withe every other cell phone you can do this and it was frustrating that I couldn't do work when on the subway. Does anyone know if this was fixed on the 3G version? Thanks.
  2. crees! macrumors 68000

Jun 14, 2003
    Sounds like this is a software issue, not hardware.
  3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2008
    Okay so will it be fixed in the 2.0 software upgrade?
  4. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Sep 16, 2007
    Plymouth, UK
    Sounds like a nice feature. Not so sure about the "with every other phone you can do this" comment mind. I've had plenty of phones and not one of them can do that. not that I'm saying none can, I believe some probably do, but by no means "every other phone", not by a long stretch.
  5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2008
    As of beta 7, no.
  6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2008
    Yea I could be wrong about EVERY phone but every blackberry, windows mobile, and motorola phone I have ever had has had this feature. It's annoying that I cannot send or reply to SMS messages while on the subway and just trying to find out if this will continue to be the case. Unfortunately it sounds like it will be :( .
  7. iPaul macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2006
    He is right though, a lot of phones will ask you if you want to resend the message when you regain service.