iPhone 3G Software Unlock & IMEI Spoof?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by djcraze, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcraze macrumors regular

So with the DevTeam Software Unlock; will I be able to also spoof my IMEI? Or have these details not been released yet?

Thanks,
    DJ

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. djcraze thread starter macrumors regular

and so is unlocking the iPhone, but do we care? -- Please don't let this get off topic with people telling my how its illegal and how I shouldn't do it.. Look, I honestly don't care about the laws with this; I have my reasons. I know the IMEI was spoofable with the ZiPhone software unlock (which I hate ZiPhone).. So I'm just wondering if the dev team will also allow this feature.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Unlocking the iPhone is not illegal. Changing your IMEI is.

You may not care about the laws, but this forum does. Get your fix somewhere else.

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Like he said. Unlocking any phone is legal.

So before you start acting like you're all bad to the bone for not caring about the law, understand that you're actually doing something totally fine. :rolleyes:

6. djcraze thread starter macrumors regular

I confused being agains't AT&Ts/Apples rules being the law; my bad. Eitherway, unlocking the phone isn't any of my concern; I just want to spoof my IMEI.. Will the software unlock provided by The DevTeam allow this?

Thanks

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No. The dev team doesn't include illegal features like this in their free software. If you want it that bad, program it yourself. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.