iPhone 3G speakers NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Joyrider07, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Joyrider07 macrumors newbie

I used my friend's iHome a few days ago, and the external speakers on my iPhone 3G just stopped working. No ringing for calls, music doesnt play outloud(through the earphones it still works), no external notifications. Basically the speakers have bailed on me. Any suggestions?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Maybe the way you had your iPhone positioned on the external speaker unit damaged the inside of your internal dock connector/speaker/mic unit. You can get another one of these for about $15 on eBay and the repair isn't horribly difficult.

3. furiousferret macrumors newbie

help

My unlocked 3g works completely fine except I cannot hear video, you tube or ipod without having it docked or earphones. I also cannot set a tone for text alerts... Volume switches normally from headphones to ringer when i unplug headphones... Done everything short of a restore. Anyone????

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You could try a restore but I'm going to speculate that your external speaker is damaged.

5. furiousferret macrumors newbie

external speaker is fine... Tested with speakerphone on voice mail... I'm hoping it's just a software glitch. Just gonna have to restore and re-jailbreak I guess

6. Joyrider07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wherewould i find a how-to of how repair my phone with your reccomendations? And what exactly should i buy on ebay?

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

iFixit.com is a great place for tutorials on how to repair things.

You would want to buy the dock connector.

[​IMG]