iphone 3g stock at ATT stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enlite, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Enlite macrumors newbie

How are those inventory stocks of the phone doing at ATT stores? Are they being replenished as much as the ones the Apple stores get?
    Asking this because, I plan to go buy my Iphone 3g on August 15. Now, I figure that either if I'm lucky, all of the hype has died down by then, and I can just walk into the ATT store and start my contract with them. Or maybe I should order mine now and, would it be possible to have them hold it till a certain date for pickup?

2. TonyMil macrumors member

Based on what AT&T is saying if you order it via Direct Fulfillment on Monday it will be close to the 15th before it's available. Maybe wait until Friday to order?

3. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

I did the pre-pay for a white one and it came in 2 days later. Pretty fast, IMO.

4. AppleSpice macrumors member

I would agree with the above post. It does depend on what model you are looking for though... I was just into my AT&T store today and they said that for the 16gb white its only 2-3 days... but for the 16gb black its 2-3 weeks... I believe its the same for the 8gb. I would go to your local store and ask them how long it will be for the model you are looking for then see from there. If its gonna come in before the 15th just ask if they will hold it until then, or just order it later. You have 7 days to pick it up once its in so if the 15th is within 7 days I dont see there being a problem with you not getting it right when it comes in.

Sorry for the semi-long post

5. mohicanspap macrumors regular

I just ordered my Black 16gb iPhone on Thursday the 24th at an AT&T store and they said it would take 2-3 weeks. Since the black 16gb iPhone is the most popular one right now I'm gonna have to wait. But I don't mind, gives me more time to look for a good case. Speaking of a good case, does anybody know when the iSkin Fuze will be coming out for the iPhone 3g?

6. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure whites are shipping the fastest, within a week if I'm not mistaken. The 8 GB are a little longer. My 8 GB took about a week and a half. The 16 GB black is definitely taking the longest though.

The earlier you go into an AT&T store to do a DF, the sooner you'll get your phone. I don't think they're going to get stock in stores until they fulfill all of their DF orders, which could take a while since people keep on doing DF since none are available at stores.

If you don't want to wait, I'm pretty sure Apple stores are getting daily shipments. The only downside is having to get there early to wait in line. I didn't want to line up so I did DF at an AT&T store.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

As of today, no AT&T store within 25 miles of New Orleans has any or plans to have any within the next few days

I asked about 20 different people today (called 20+ stores) and nobody expected to get any phones in the next few days