iPhone 3G Stock Check Sunday Afternoon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ARK, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

As of Sunday afternoon 5 stores in the U.S. show to only have the iPhone.

8G - Hawaii
    8G - Las Vegas, NV
    16W - New Hampshire
    16W, 16B - NY, NY
    8G - Washington

2. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

Strange, I am shocked the supply lines have not caught up with the demand. I was one of the dorks that got there early July 11th to a lot of ridicule by other posters. Many said "I'll just stroll in an AT&T or Apple store tomorrow and pick one up". The majority of these posters still don't have one.

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Undoubtedly,

Stores are getting stock daily and that stock is mostly gone that day. We just have no idea where and how much stock is moving daily.

It will show up in the sales numbers though when Apple eventually issues that data.

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

How are you doing a stock check now? The one on Apple's website doesn't update until 9pm at the local time of the store it's checking.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Change your system time maybe?

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

How would that force Apple to update their website with current stock, which they only do at 9pm?

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

Apple doesn't only update their site at 9PM. (ever notice how it says to check the site at 9PM but doesnt say which time zone)

Just change your computers system clock to a time between 9pm and 8am before opening up the Apple webpage and you can access a semi-accurate stock availability. I've done this all week during the day and have seen changes happening hourly. (i.e. store had 16 GB in stock at 1pm but sold out at 3pm)