iPhone 3G stopped vibrating

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mbopy22, Nov 6, 2009.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Hi
    I just got a brand new 3G 8GB Black iPhone as a birthday gift.

It is JB and UL running 3.0

It was working fine, until this morning, when I got a text message it did not vibrate, I then tried switching it to vibrate (silent mode) and nothing, I did check if vibration alert is on for both, silent and ringer mode, and it is. I've already turned on and off, reset it through home + power on/off. And nothing....:(

Any clues???

I really need the vibrating alert option since I go into meetings a lot.

BTW it did work fine this morning when my wake up alarm rang. :confused:

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

This has happened to me before when receiving calls and texts. All I did was rebooted my phone and it was fine.

Failing that restore your phone's firmware and see if that helps.
    If you say it works on the alarm its a software fault and the vibrate does still work fine.

3. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Thanks, I reset everything (via general settings) rebooted and nothing.

Now not even the alarm is vibrating - I just tried - . So I'll restore it and JB and UL later and see if that helps.

One thing that I forgot to mention, I did felt it vibrating (earlier before it stopped) softer when I putted into silence mode. I just hope is not a hardware thing.

4. mbopy22 thread starter macrumors 6502

mbopy22

NO LUCK!!!!

It is not working... the vibrating alert won´t work. I just restore it to new, JB to 3.0 and it won´t work.

Any help????

PLEASE!