Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Hi
I just got a brand new 3G 8GB Black iPhone as a birthday gift.

It is JB and UL running 3.0

It was working fine, until this morning, when I got a text message it did not vibrate, I then tried switching it to vibrate (silent mode) and nothing, I did check if vibration alert is on for both, silent and ringer mode, and it is. I've already turned on and off, reset it through home + power on/off. And nothing....:(

Any clues???

I really need the vibrating alert option since I go into meetings a lot.

BTW it did work fine this morning when my wake up alarm rang. :confused:

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
This has happened to me before when receiving calls and texts. All I did was rebooted my phone and it was fine.

Failing that restore your phone's firmware and see if that helps.
If you say it works on the alarm its a software fault and the vibrate does still work fine.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
This has happened to me before when receiving calls and texts. All I did was rebooted my phone and it was fine.

Failing that restore your phone's firmware and see if that helps.
If you say it works on the alarm its a software fault and the vibrate does still work fine.

Thanks, I reset everything (via general settings) rebooted and nothing.

Now not even the alarm is vibrating - I just tried - . So I'll restore it and JB and UL later and see if that helps.

One thing that I forgot to mention, I did felt it vibrating (earlier before it stopped) softer when I putted into silence mode. I just hope is not a hardware thing.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
NO LUCK!!!!

It is not working... the vibrating alert won´t work. I just restore it to new, JB to 3.0 and it won´t work.

Any help????

PLEASE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.