Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
So I upgrade my 3G to iOS4 by accident amd it was slow as heck for me. i tried to downgrade to 3.1.3 but my phone is stuck in recovery mode. i can't past the connect to iTunes logo. is there anything that i can do to kick it out of recovery?

iphonemunkey

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
So I upgrade my 3G to iOS4 by accident amd it was slow as heck for me. i tried to downgrade to 3.1.3 but my phone is stuck in recovery mode. i can't past the connect to iTunes logo. is there anything that i can do to kick it out of recovery?

i had the same - plug it into the computer, have itunes running, hold down the power and home buttons till it reboots and keep holding for 25-30 seconds till the cable picture shows. you should see itunes say you need to restore.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
so i tried that method and it rebooted but iTunes is not detecting it. should i wait a few minutes foe iTunes to see it?

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
so i waited and waited but then the screen shut off on the phone. what can i do? I'm on windows, is there a program to kick it out of recovery mode?

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
so i waited and waited but then the screen shut off on the phone. what can i do? I'm on windows, is there a program to kick it out of recovery mode?

download blackra1n. Plug your iphone into the computer and run it. About 2-3 seconds after the iPhone screen goes black, unplug it and reboot your phone manually. Should pull it out of the loop.

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
so i click on the button and it went away and i heard 2 noises but the screen still shows the itunes icon?

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
i tried downloading RecBoot but nothing happened in XP. I used LibUSB and it shows the phone but in brackets it says it's in recovery mode.

EDIT: So I went back to my laptop were everything is and I had libUSB on there as well. So as a last resort I uninstalled it and guess what!? iTunes now sees the phone! But I can't downgrade to 3.1.3 so I'll have to stick with iOS4 for now. i'll let you guys know my progress in a few!

mikalh78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
So I got the phone out of recovery mode now and it says Invalid SIM, which is correct because I want to unlock it and use it on Bell's not Roger's network. What do I do now? Should I used redsn0w to put iOS 3.1.3 on it? I'm on the PC to refresh your memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.