iphone 3g stuck in recovery mode :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sihi27, Dec 6, 2010.

1. sihi27 macrumors newbie

Hi

Sorry that this might be a bit long! here is my prolem, i upgraded my 3g to firmaware 4.2.1 and then jailbroke it successfully and upgraded to 06.15.00 to unlock it, the problem is i accidentaly put it in recovery mode and now it wont let me reboot it or re jailbreak it, i tried downgrading to 3.1.2 in itunes but still no luck.

can anyone help please

2. alejovh1 macrumors regular

press home and power at teh same time until phone shuts off, then on your pc open itunes, conect usb to computer and phone. press the home button for about 5 to 10 seconds, update OS via itunes.

3. err404 macrumors 68020

Try using tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode

4. andrei.barbuta macrumors regular

Confirmed. Did this yesterday.

5. QuickStick macrumors newbie

TinyUmbrella seems to be working for everyone, but how do you use it, exactly?

Do you plug in your iPhone/iPod that's stuck in recovery mode then you can immediately click the 'Exit Recovery' button? For me, the 'Enter' and 'Exit Recovery' buttons are both in grey. I started the TSS server (I don't know what that is, honestly.) but nothing changes, except for the logs being filled.

I'm outstation and using a Mac that isn't the one that I usually sync to, so probably that's the problem?

Is there any way to fix this?

6. err404 macrumors 68020

I'm not sure, but the 06.15.00 baseband is probably not compatible with the 3.1.2 Firmware. You need a custom Firmware to get it to boot.

7. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

8. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Im having the same issue with one. it is a 3g updated to 4.2.1 and jailbroke with redsnow and updated to the iPad firmware. but it is stuck at the apple logo on reboot. been this way for over 24 hours. iTunes will see it but TinyUmbrella does not. I have used redsnow to reboot it and according to redsnow all is finished but it will not go past the apple logo.

any ideas?