iPhone 3G Stuck in Restore mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Benguitar, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Never mind, Delete thread. I just re-jailbroke.

So sorry mods!

2. sayem769 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3g stuck on start up mode

I was running the 3.1.2 OS but last night i updated to 3.1.3.
    Today i was restarting it and it got stuck. No matter how many times I try to reset the phone by pressing the power button and home key, it just goes black for a few moments and then back to the Apple logo reboot screen - and it doesn't advance from there.

Any advice on how to fix this problem?
    It wont let me turn off, it wont let me get into DFU mode and it doesn't get detected by my iTune.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Turn the phone off. While holding the home button, plug it into iTunes and wait for it to start in recovery mode. You should be able to restore from there.

If not, Google "DFU mode" and restore that way. It's a bit tricky but there's pretty good guides out there.

4. sayem769 macrumors newbie

I have tried turning it off and also tried putting it on DFU mode but it wont. Any other ideas? I have been googling all morning.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Are you sure you got it into DFU mode correctly? You know it's right if there's nothing on the screen. If you see the "USB to iTunes" symbol, you're only in recovery mode.

If neither of the methods I suggested work, I'd take it to Apple.