iPhone 3g stuck in restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by emettsantucci, Dec 6, 2010.

1. emettsantucci macrumors member

emettsantucci

this afternoon i tried to restore my iphone 3g, because i just received my iPhone 4 and want to sell the 3g on ebay. i plugged it in, it is jailbroken and unlocked on ios 4.2.1, i put it in DFU mode and in itunes i chose, restore and my custom firmware from pwnage tool. i pressed restore and it started restoring and the progress bar popped up on the phone. it got almost all the way done restoring and had a tiny bit left, then it just stopped. i waited a couple of hours to see if it would do anything, then i finally quit itunes and restarted my phone. it opened up to the recovery mode screen with the connect to itunes symbol. i tried to restore it again to the same outcome. does anyone know how to get it out of recovery mode? i had tried recboot and some other stuff like that, but it keeps going back to recovery mode. Anything on this would be really helpful

2. LongbowFoSho macrumors member

I had a JB/UL phone that did the same thing that had to be replaced by Apple. It would cycle in and out of Restore Mode and refused to complete a restore in either mode. I called Apple and tried about a dozen different things on the phone with the tech and ended up getting a replacement. Luckily they still replaced it even though I told them it was JB & UL.

Good luck.