iPhone 3g stuck in restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by emettsantucci, Dec 6, 2010.

1. emettsantucci macrumors member

Feb 21, 2010
    this afternoon i tried to restore my iphone 3g, because i just received my iPhone 4 and want to sell the 3g on ebay. i plugged it in, it is jailbroken and unlocked on ios 4.2.1, i put it in DFU mode and in itunes i chose, restore and my custom firmware from pwnage tool. i pressed restore and it started restoring and the progress bar popped up on the phone. it got almost all the way done restoring and had a tiny bit left, then it just stopped. i waited a couple of hours to see if it would do anything, then i finally quit itunes and restarted my phone. it opened up to the recovery mode screen with the connect to itunes symbol. i tried to restore it again to the same outcome. does anyone know how to get it out of recovery mode? i had tried recboot and some other stuff like that, but it keeps going back to recovery mode. Anything on this would be really helpful
  2. LongbowFoSho macrumors member

Nov 26, 2010
    I had a JB/UL phone that did the same thing that had to be replaced by Apple. It would cycle in and out of Restore Mode and refused to complete a restore in either mode. I called Apple and tried about a dozen different things on the phone with the tech and ended up getting a replacement. Luckily they still replaced it even though I told them it was JB & UL.

Good luck.