Resolved Iphone 3g stuck on apple logo after ipad baseband (redsn0w)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hovercraft11, Jun 7, 2011.

1. hovercraft11, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

hovercraft11 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a iphone 3g that I need to unlock. It is version4.2.1 and 05.15.04 baseband. I am on Windows Xp.

So I jailbroke with redsn0w and checked install ipad baseband (didnt check Cyndia). It seemed to go okay, but now my ipod is stuck on the apple boot logo, and doesn't seem to be detectable in itunes to restore it and try again.

If anyone has any insight into this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware using Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or pwnagetool (mac). Put your phone in pwned dfu mode and shift + restore with iTunes. P.S. you will need Cydia to install ultrasnow.

3. hovercraft11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks ill check it out.

I know I need Cydia, but I it causes redsn0w to freeze when you try to install the baseband and cydia at the same time, so I was going to flash the baseband first, and then do another install of cydia after that is done

4. hovercraft11, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

hovercraft11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I applied the custom firmware, which came with Cydia, my question now is: do I need to flash to 6.15 again? or is it still there on my phone

edit: nevermind, got it fixed

5. pge macrumors newbie

just enter redsn0w again, install cydia and do the thing with pressing lock and power button (as told). that's forced wakeup, should work just fine

6. ethanxr macrumors newbie

help

iphone3Gs unlocked with iPad firmware, now stuck on apple logo

7. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

Try to install Cydia again. If that fails, you need to restore to custom firmware in iTunes unless you use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband. I don't know if you can actually extract the firmware, so you need to restore to 4.1 and then jailbreak that.