Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hovercraft11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hi,

I have a iphone 3g that I need to unlock. It is version4.2.1 and 05.15.04 baseband. I am on Windows Xp.

So I jailbroke with redsn0w and checked install ipad baseband (didnt check Cyndia). It seemed to go okay, but now my ipod is stuck on the apple boot logo, and doesn't seem to be detectable in itunes to restore it and try again.

If anyone has any insight into this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hi,

I have a iphone 3g that I need to unlock. It is version4.2.1 and 05.15.04 baseband. I am on Windows Xp.

So I jailbroke with redsn0w and checked install ipad baseband (didnt check Cyndia). It seemed to go okay, but now my ipod is stuck on the apple boot logo, and doesn't seem to be detectable in itunes to restore it and try again.

If anyone has any insight into this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware using Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or pwnagetool (mac). Put your phone in pwned dfu mode and shift + restore with iTunes. P.S. you will need Cydia to install ultrasnow.

hovercraft11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware using Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or pwnagetool (mac). Put your phone in pwned dfu mode and shift + restore with iTunes. P.S. you will need Cydia to install ultrasnow.

Okay thanks ill check it out.

I know I need Cydia, but I it causes redsn0w to freeze when you try to install the baseband and cydia at the same time, so I was going to flash the baseband first, and then do another install of cydia after that is done

hovercraft11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Okay I applied the custom firmware, which came with Cydia, my question now is: do I need to flash to 6.15 again? or is it still there on my phone

edit: nevermind, got it fixed

Last edited:

pge

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
just enter redsn0w again, install cydia and do the thing with pressing lock and power button (as told). that's forced wakeup, should work just fine

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
iphone3Gs unlocked with iPad firmware, now stuck on apple logo

Try to install Cydia again. If that fails, you need to restore to custom firmware in iTunes unless you use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband. I don't know if you can actually extract the firmware, so you need to restore to 4.1 and then jailbreak that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.