iPhone 3G Stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple1up, Sep 10, 2010.

1. apple1up macrumors newbie

Help, my coworker helped me unlock my iphone 3G for tmobile but he downloaded the new iTunes 10. Now the phone is constantly stuck on the apple logo, then he put it in recovery mode. I'd like to downgrade from iso 4.0.1 to 3.1.3. I've tried to reformat the thing but it keeps giving me an error and now stuck on the recovery mode even after I hold down the power key and the home key for force shut down. :confused:

Anyone else run into this problem and has a solution for it? Please please please help.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well first of all get rid of iTunes 10. havent heard anything about it yet but you never want to update until you hear it on this forum that its ok.

you need to download redsnow 9.5b5-5 and you also need a 3.1.3 ipsw. open redsnow and then follow the steps. when it tells you to point to the firmware that is when you will find the 3.1.3 ipsw that you downloaded and then keep following the directions.

3. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

OP, sounds like you may need to buckle down and restore. Too many folks run into this issue.