iPhone 3G stuck with apple after multiple restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrod03, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jrod03 macrumors newbie

i realize this is a common problem with the phone being stuck on the apple logo, but i have put it in DFU mode and restored it about 3 times now and the same thing keeps happening. i just replaced a cracked screen on the phone and it was jailbroken but i dont really care what i need to do, i just want it to work!

oh also, even with the apple screen, after a restore, it is recognized by my mac in itunes and i can sync it and stuff but the only thing i see on the phone is the apple logo and sometimes the spinning wheel!

2. dinoulis macrumors newbie

EXACTLY the same thing

i am having the exact same scenario... i looked all over the web... it always ends up by suggesting a reset/restore... and i do that.. and then again the same thing happens.. it NEVER boots.

any thoughts?

3. fender7083 macrumors newbie

fender7083

Same

I have this same problem. It first started after I updated to ios 4. I have restored multiple times, even to 3.1.3. My phone will only boot up if it is plugged in, then will die a few minutes later. :confused:

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Plug the USB cable into the compute and have iTunes running. Hold the power button and home button until it turns off then release the power button before it turns back on. Continue holding the home button on the iPhone and connect the iPhone onto the dock and CONTINUE to hold the home button until the CONNECT TO ITUNES DISPLAY APPEARS. Proceed to restore as normal.

Have any of you had water damage?

5. unltd macrumors newbie

i'm having the exact same problem, and yes,
    i do think the phone had some waterdamage, but not severe.

i did manage to get to the first screen after a restore (where the phone sets its language and time), but it got stuck right after and i'm at the start again.

how is this fixable?

6. jb8578 macrumors newbie

Replacing the battery fixed it for me. I restored the phone 5 times and didn't make a difference. It would connect to iTunes, i could move music onto the phone (3gs), but just the apple logo and spinning wheel on the iPhone screen. It must be checking the battery on boot...