Iphone 3g stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ault45, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ault45 macrumors member

I have a 3g Iphone that was jailbroken, I tried to do a restore and now it is stuck. I can't seem to get it in DFU mode or anything. Just stuck in recovery. Itunes gets about 3/4 done with it and then I get an error message.

Any ideas?

2. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

You hit erase all content and settings huh? You cant do that with a jailbroken iPhone, but you can fix it by restoring through iTunes. If you wanna keep whatever firmware youre on, then download that firmware, and in iTunes hold shift+restore and select the firmware from the browsing window. Make sure you do the shift+restore, otherwise youll upgrade the version and the baseband (unless your ok with that).

3. ault45 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Actually no, it locked up while restoring in iTunes. Didn't hit erase all on the phone. iTunes still will not restore either.