Iphone 3G stucks at Apple logo & spinning wheel

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Crystal-RX, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

First of all, I apologize if this question has asked before but I did search this site as well as "Google" and I can't find how to fix it. So, I post it here and see if you have any advice on how to bring this Iphone 3g back to life.

When I turn this Iphone on, first it show the apple logo and then spinning wheel and then it stays there forever. It will not pass screen.

So, I put it into DFU and see if Itunes can detect it. It didn't. I even use the method of holding the home button while plugging in the cable, it shows up with itunes sign which indicates it is in recovery mode. Itunes/computer did not detect it at all.

I thought there is problem with the charging dock, so remove this logic board and put it into another Iphone 3G. Exactly issues I describe above happen.

Does any of you have similar situation I am in and if you do, how did you fix it?

Any suggestion/recommendation is appreciated.

Thank you!

2. Crystal-RX thread starter macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Maybe a button is broken preventing DFU mode? Think there other ways to get DFU mode via USB like redsn0w

4. Crystal-RX thread starter macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I did switch the logic board into another Iphone that I know nothing wrong. It still did not detect or pick up by computer/Itunes.