iPhone 3G suffer from drastically different quality displays like original?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Jul 10, 2008.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Myself, family, and friends, between us all I saw MANY original iPhones, and the screen quality was always drastically different.

My latest 16 GB had a perfect screen. Great color, brightness, etc.

Has anyone compared the 3G phones yet, to see if the quality varies from phone to phone still?

Thanks!

2. cjmal macrumors 6502

Id like to know the same. I had problems with horrid displays on first iPhone.

3. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

I'll let you know! Me and my mom are getting one, so we'll compare.

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Yes, in one of the first hands-ons of the iPhone 3G, the journalist did a side-by-side comparison with their old iPhone, and said the displays were identical, with *maybe* the iPhone 3G screen a little brighter.

5. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

Hey there, I know this is late- and I will get a picture up maybe eventually.
    But, there is SOME (keyword) color difference. My friend's iPhone 3G is a bit more colorful than mine, but it's to the point where you wouldn't notice at all unless you put them side by side.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I still use the original iPhone and love my screen as it gets a little fudgy sometimes but overall looks good after I clean it

The back looks like hell with scratches due to and drops but the front is still going strong