iphone 3g switches off when I insert SIM card

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Megacheese, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Megacheese macrumors newbie

I recently dropped my iphone 3g, now when I insert a sim card it switches off after 10 mins to 1 hour. If there's no sim it stays on all the time and works normally. Any ideas PLEASE?

2. Hosei macrumors member

iPhone 3G

This is a very unusual problem, one i have never encountered before. You can try the most obvious of fixes, for example..

Plug your iPhone into its charger and turn it off, insert the sim card while it is still off and turn it on after you have placed the sim card in. Keep your iPhone plugged in during the entire process.

If this doesn't work, try restoring your iPhone whilst the sim card is out, make backups of any files you may have on your iPhone and try again after restoration.

Hope this helped!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a hardware issue after you dropped it and caused some damage to the logic board.

4. abble3 macrumors newbie

I have Iphone 3gs same issue,

I have iphone 3gs it turns off randomly, it happens when i used sim , and once time it turns off then doesn't turn on until i connect it via charger plugin or usb , and when i connect it via charger and inserted sim it doesn't off , I updated IOS, and also Restore it and use it as a new , but still having prob , Any one tell me what's the prob , is it common issue or any hardware or software , and i don't think so it's battery issue, Help me Please :(